Thursday, October 27, 2011

Face-off

Oil on gallery wrapped canvas
16 x 8 inches

I have been working on this one off and on for a while. Trying to decide if I want to fill in the background, or leave it with the canvas showing. This is my son on the right taking a face-off in lacrosse. He said to be sure and make him look bigger than the other guy. He was, so that was no problem :). It really helps me to photograph a painting and then look at it and see where I need to make changes. I might play with this one in photoshop to see what to else I can do with it. I would love to hear your suggestions. Thanks for viewing and for your comments!!

The winner of the dog notecards from the drawing of my newsletter contest was— M S Coggins.
Sorry so late posting, I have been fighting a bad cold once again. Thanks everyone for signing up for my newsletter!!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Carol, my vote is to leave the background blurred. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the format and the figures are well placed. It is a dramatic scene with tension between the two players.
    You asked for some suggestions so here is what I think, for what it's worth!
    The players need to stand out more from the background, the colors of the players could be heightened with some attention to shadows underneath them. The background could be even more blurred I think to put the focus solely on the figures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank ladies! Diana, thank you so much for your suggestions!!! I was thinking they needed to me grounded and I will try blurring the background more. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the background and the painting! great action in the figures. i like diane's remarks, maybe make the guys stand out more, but it's lovely now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the looseness of the background and unfinished look. It allows me to really look at the boys. I'd leave this piece just like it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the looseness and unfinished nature as well.
    I agree that photographing really helps to see your painting through different eyes. Looking at it in a mirror can help as well... and it's even quicker!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, ladies! I so admire all of yor work! Your comments are so appreciated! THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I treasure them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...